Translate

Thursday 23 May 2013

Tomatillo Chutney and Sauce

I found some tomatillos at the local farmers market, and had a play around with a sauce and chutney. The chutney is my fav by far.

The sauce is a bit thick for my liking but very tasty all the same, could do with some tweaks.

I used Low GI sugar in the chutney, and some home grown chillies, both mine and my sister in laws too. I use an organic apple cider vinegar with the mother (cloudy) bug in it. It has more potent qualities to it.

We eat a

lot of cheese, pickles and crackers around here as sometimes this is better for Tim to eat small amounts of tasty food, rather than a meal. Particularly if we do not have children around. Also nice to have with wine of an evening with friends. I know what's in my condiments, so I feel relaxed knowing that Tim can eat them without the worry about what maybe hiding in the ingredient list.


No comments:

Post a Comment