Translate

Monday 3 June 2013

Winter Warming Dishes.

Well winter has hit  very suddenly, with sleet and hail last week, so it's time to break out all the winter warming dishes, beans are a must for this.

I recently made a chilli, chicken and bean casserole, which went down a treat with all,as I have had friends staying from Auckland, it was nice to have a big pot of warm food, when it was cold outside.

I also like to add hot lemon sauces to greens like broccoli or green beans, helps keep the winter bugs at bay.

Another very yummy dish is homemade baked beans. Mine always lots of chilli, a few different varieties to really get a good depth of flavour as well as spice.

I have been making the leftovers of pulled pork, or casseroles into little pies for the freezer, Harry can take these to school and heat them up for lunch. A nice warming treat for him in the middle of the day.

I'm going to try and make more salads to be served hot this winter, as I tend to only eat salads cold and in the warmer months. Watch this space, I will share as I make them.

Chilli Chicken and Bean casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment