Translate

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Spicy Chickpeas.

Following yesterdays note an salads, I'm making a chilli chicken dish for dinner tonight and decided to have a warm chickpea salad and green beans with it.

I made a spice paste then added chickpeas, capsicum and baby spinach. Yum.

Here's the spice mix recipe I used,

6 cloves garlic, crushed
finely grated zest of 2 lemons
3/4 cup lemon juice
2 chillis, chopped finely
3 Tbsp finely grated ginger
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp gr cumin
2 tsp gr turmeric
2 tsp paprika
2 cinnamon quills broken
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Mix in a bowl the garlic, lemon zest and juice, chillies and ginger.

Heat oil in a frypan and fry the cumin, turmeric, paprika and cinnamon quills for about 30 secs to release the aromas, DO NOT burn.

Add the garlic and ginger mix and cook for a further 30 secs.
Remove from heat and add sugar, salt and pepper.
Allow to cool.

This is enough for several meals so put in an airtight jar and store in the fridge. It will keep for weeks.

This can be used as a rub on meat before cooking or in a vege salad dish as I did.

I used a large spoonful of this spice mix for my salad.
I also used Low GI sugar.






No comments:

Post a Comment