Translate

Thursday 6 June 2013

Fresh Juice

Fresh juice is an absolutely wonderful way to start a winters day. It is a great opportunity to boost the immune system without to much thought or effort. Tim doesn't have an immune system like the rest of us, so a daily dose of vitamins is very helpful for him, and it will help keep all the winter bugs at bay for the rest of us.

I use a mixture of carrot, apple, pineapple, pear, lemon and ginger. It changes everyday depending on what I have on hand each morning. My kids aren't that fond of lemon or ginger, but a little put in just gets lost in the rounding. I use whole lemon too.

My lemon tree produces these tiny hard dry lemons, so its a good use for them. Clearly the tree hasn't been fed or watered much in the past. I will change this, to start getting good fruit coming on.

This mornings juice was pineapple, carrot, pear and lemon. 4 large glasses for $3.50 and the wash up duties on the juicer. Not a bad return really, considering what the juice bars sell these for. An average of $7.50 each.

No added sugar, preservatives etc, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment