Translate

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Homemade Sauces

I have been busy making Ketchup and BBQ sauce for a school fundraiser.
This I have been doing for a year or so, previously for the College Netball Girls, to enable them to fund raise for a netball trip to Australia, and National tournament. My daughter has been involved in netball for the last five years, and as any parent will know there is always money required to enable them to get the most out of their chosen sport. However George has finished the netball season and soon to be finishing college too.

So this leaves me with who to make the sauce for, well my son Harry plays 1st XI cricket and I have decided to give the fundraising opportunity to the boys for cricket, so as you can guess I now have to make lots of bottles of sauce.

I make two varieties Ketchup and BBQ, the later being a little spicy. There are 20 ingredients in these sauces and it has taken me a few years to develop the recipes. The sauces have become firm family favourites and with hundreds of bottles already sold they are making a real mark in the community.

It is a great fundraiser, as everyone already buys sauce and this way the money goes to the kids rather than the local store.The sauces are a premium product that you would normally pay up to $15 a bottle for, these sell for $8 a bottle, making  them a great deal, so it is a win win for everyone.I take out the costs of making the sauce and the rest goes to my chosen sport, this now being cricket.

My husband had fun designing the labels you see below.

"MEMBERS OWN  First Class Ketchup"

and

"STICKY WICKET  BBQ Sauce"

I make it in batches of 22 - 24. Most people buy at least 2 at a time so as you can imagine, I'm busy keeping up with demand at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment