Translate

Saturday 6 October 2012

Leek and Potato Soup (well sort of)

One of my favourite soups is Leek and Potato, and this is what I was thinking about when I planted all the leeks in my garden, however when I came to make it I realised that I wouldn't be able to make it with potato, because the soup is pureed, this changes the molecular structure of the potato and this in turn is what makes Tim sick.

So on with the thinking cap and I decided to still use leek and replace the potato with butter beans. The soup turned out amazing.

So I sauteed chopped onion and garlic, then added lots of leek, sauteed until soft, added my homemade chicken stock and a couple of tins of butter beans.Topped it up with extra water. Cooked until soft, then pureed.My stock is very favoursome and fragrant so I just added some Tabasco to taste. I also fried off some bacon pieces to sprinkle over the soup as I served. Season.

Omit bacon if you like, or you could add a swirl of cream.

Serve with freshly made hot bread. I made a pre mixed multi grain loaf. It was very yummy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment