Translate

Monday 1 April 2013

Easter baking.

We have always baked Easter buns on Good Friday in our family, and given we are back in the South Island, and have our family near by, my sister and I decided to have afternoon tea. Well it could have been morning coffee but with all the yeast to rise etc it ended up later in the day.

I made a cinnamon and sugar scroll pull apart, I made it traditionally, however next time I will have a go at changing out flours,sugars etc.It was all to hard this time around. 
The result was a very light tasty treat indeed. It certainly is a lot of fluffing around with all the time to rise at different stages. 
At least it's only once a year. My sister made traditional Hot Cross Buns.

End result was a very happy family with some traditional tasty homemade treats.


No comments:

Post a Comment