Translate

Sunday 31 March 2013

Sugar free salad dressing sweetener.

I made a yummy lentil,beetroot and kale salad yesterday for a family Easter lunch. I made a balsamic dressing, and to sweeten it slightly I used a date puree.

1 Cup of chopped dates and mixed in 1 cup of boiling water, left it to soften for about 10 mins, then pureed until smooth. The rest will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.

I added 2 tsp of this to the dressing, instead of the sugar that the recipe called for. It was very yummy and I know it is better for us than sugar, and it helps George out with her skin.

Dates are high GI but given such a small amount is used over a large salad, it had no effect on Tim.
We had this and many other fresh, last of the summer salads,  with herb and bacon covered  lamb leg. We cooked on the BBQ. Served with my Sister's homemade bread.

What a fabulous Easter lunch. And of course those who can eat chocolate had their fair share of Easter Eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment