Translate

Monday 20 August 2012

Whoopie Pie

Wow, I have just got back from my monthly visit to one of the most amazing wholefood shops in Auckland.

Harvest Wholefoods Grey Lynn, it's where I buy things like Rice flour, Coconut flour, Quinoa etc. Today I found Quinoa linguine pasta, I haven't seen it before in New Zealand so thought I would try it for both George and Tim, being that it doesn't have wheat (for George) and it's not made from white processed flour (which tips Tim up). I was very excited to find this. It is imported from USA and therefore more expensive that wheat based pasta. I hope they both like.

I also buy spelt bagels from a bakery next door.

While we were in Grey Lynn we can across a Whoopie Pie shop, again something I haven't seen in New Zealand.
I bought a gluten and dairy free carrot and pinepple whoopie pie for George. It does have sugar in but very exciting all the same.
I had to try a small ginger spice whoppie pie and it was divine. The shop is small with lots of delicious whoopie pies and coffee machine. A nice treat for my girlfriend and I.
What a fantastic find and nice way to finish of our shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment